Angel Sanctuary Index du Forum
Angel Sanctuary
Ecoutez les lamentations des êtres ailés qui peuplent le ciel...

Angel Sanctuary Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

LE FORUM EST FERME, UNE REOUVERTURE N'EST PAS PROGRAMMEE POUR LE MOMENT. NOUS VOUS TIENDRONS INFORME EN CAS DE CHANGEMENT. AMICALEMENT, L'EQUIPE D'ANGEL SANCTUARY LE FORUM
:: The Minnesota Vikings were impressed by the way Cedric Griff ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Angel Sanctuary Index du Forum -> ~ Hors Jeu ~ -> Vos Idées pour Améliorer le Forum
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
sujian
Invité

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 17, 2010 4:52 am    Sujet du message: The Minnesota Vikings were impressed by the way Cedric Griff Répondre en citant

The Minnesota Vikings were impressed by the way Cedric Griffin came back swiftly and strongly eight months after major knee surgery.
Now he’s going to have to start the arduous rehab all over again—on the other leg.
The Vikings have lost their starting cornerback for the rest of the season to another significant knee injury, coach Brad Childress confirmed Tuesday. Griffin hurt his right knee early in the fourth quarter Monday night against the New York Jets, and he won’t return in 2010.
Griffin tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee last January in the NFC championship game and worked his way back to lineup for Week 3, but now his season is over after just two games.
Childress stopped short of confirming Griffin tore the other ACL, but said “it’s probably headed that way.” The coach said he didn’t have a timetable for surgery.
“He’s a good football player. He’ll be sorely missed here,” Childress said.
Griffin’s teammates consoled him in the locker room after the 29-20 loss to the Jets.
“I think he’s in a little bit of fog,” Childress said, adding: “It’s probably kind of a, ‘Why me?’ thing right now.”
The Vikings also played the Jets without rookie cornerback Chris Cook, who is recovering from a torn meniscus in his left knee. Cook tore the meniscus in his right knee and missed the first two games, like Griffin. Reliable veteran Antoine Winfield is still entrenched as the other starter, but the Jets picked on backups Asher Allen and Lito Sheppard at times in Monday’s game. Even when Cook returns, the Vikings could use some more depth.
“We’re looking at a whole bunch of roster moves right now,” Childress said. “We’ve got some spots we’ve got to address.”
Childress said Cook is in better shape than a week ago.
“There’s a chance he makes it to this weekend,” the coach said, adding: “He needs to push with the idea that he’s going to make it to the weekend, and then he and we will decide whether he makes it to the weekend.”
Jets overcome Favre’s milestones for 29-20 win
Brett Favre pushed all the distractions aside, added to his lengthy list of career milestones and got the Minnesota Vikings back in the game.
The record-breaking quarterback just couldn’t pull off another classic comeback. NFL Jerseys

Favre had an interception returned 26 yards for a touchdown by Dwight Lowery with 1:30 left, and the New York Jets overcame a milestone night by their former quarterback for a 29-20 victory on a rain-soaked Monday night.
“I thought we were going to win this football game,” Favre said.
Now, the 41-year-old is left wondering if an even bigger punishment is in store from NFL Commissioner
Roger Goodell.
He finished 14 for 34 for 264 yards for the Vikings (1-3) hours after he reportedly apologized to teammates for the distraction caused by an NFL investigation into allegations that he sent racy messages and lewd photos to a Jets game hostess in 2008.
“I said what I had to say,” Favre said, refusing to answer questions about the situation. “I’m disappointed we lost this football game.”
Neither coach Brad Childress nor Favre would discuss what the quarterback said to his teammates in that meeting.
“That’s between me and my teammates,” Favre said.
Brushing off those issues, he became the first NFL player to throw 500 touchdown passes and eclipse 70,000 career passing yards. But two early fumbles — he passed Warren Moon for the most in league history—helped put the Vikings in a 12-0 hole.
“I don’t think anyone wanted to win this game more than him,” wide receiver Percy Harvin said. “He was well prepared, so I don’t think any of that outside stuff had anything to do with how he played.”
Nick Folk kicked five field goals for the Jets (4-1), two after fumbles by Favre.
“That’s a heck of a win,” New York coach Rex Ryan said.
Favre, who played for the Jets during the 2008 season and was greeted with hugs by New York general manager Mike Tannenbaum after the game, threw three touchdowns, including two to Harvin. The second—an 11-yard pass—brought the Vikings within two points with 3:09 left in the game.
“We were brilliant in the first half and we knew you have to play four quarters,” Ryan said. “This guy is as good as it gets.”
The Vikings had the ball with 1:43 remaining and poised for a winning drive — until Favre’s last big mistake sent Minnesota to its seventh consecutive loss to New York.
“I think everyone who watches us play sees flashes of a team that can be 3-1, 4-0,” Favre said. “Not that we’re not capable. We’re very capable.”
Favre also played through some mild tendinitis in his throwing elbow, clutching his arm at times.
“This is probably the worst it’s felt in four games,” he said. “I missed some throws the last drive I think I make in my sleep.”
The game marked the Vikings debut for Randy Moss, who finished with four catches for 81 yards, including a 37-yard touchdown late in the third quarter.
With the Jets leading 12-0 and the Vikings facing third-and-17 from the Jets 37, Favre reared back and lofted the ball perfectly into Moss’ hands in the back right corner of the end zone with 2:10 left in the quarter. Favre zipped down the field and jumped into Moss’ arms in the end zone to celebrate.
“When I threw that touchdown to Randy Moss, I had been thinking about that for eight to 10 years,” Favre said.
Moss, acquired from New England last Wednesday, was defended mostly by Antonio Cromartie despite the return of Darrelle Revis from a strained left hamstring.
“I’m definitely happy to be back home,” said Moss, who spent his first seven seasons with Minnesota. “I thank the people for the phone calls, the letters and everything for me coming back home, but I don’t think that it means anything when you lose.”
Less than 5 minutes after connecting with Moss, Favre hit Harvin for a 34-yard touchdown that made it 15-13. But Favre’s tying 2-point conversion try was intercepted by Cromartie in the end zone.
Shonn Greene’s 23-yard touchdown run with 4:30 left in the game gave the Jets a 22-13 lead that appeared to seal the victory, but Favre still had plenty of time.
“We just hung in there to the end,” Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez said. “I don’t think we win this game last year.”
New York’s offense struggled for the first time since Week 1, failing to get much going—other than field goals—until late. Sanchez was 21 of 44 for 191 yards, and still hasn’t thrown an interception this season, although he came close a few times.
Santonio Holmes played his first game with the Jets after being suspended the first four for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. He finished with three catches for 41 yards.
LaDainian Tomlinson had another solid game for the Jets with 94 yards rushing on 20 carries.
“We did surrender some points and there were some things we could’ve done better,” Lowery said. “But, when it comes down to it, we just have to make a play.”

Kolb leads Eagles past winless 49ers 27-24
Although Kevin Kolb only talks about teamwork and selflessness, the Philadelphia quarterback’s every move at Candlestick Park demonstrated he won’t just give the Eagles’ starting job back to Michael Vick.
Alex Smith is desperate to hold on to his job in San Francisco, too— especially after leading a dynamic late rally that fell just short for the winless 49ers. Hockey jerseys

Kolb passed for 253 yards while capably filling in for the injured Vick, and Quintin Mikell returned Smith’s fumble 52 yards for a touchdown early in the fourth quarter of the Eagles’ 27-24 victory Sunday night.
Philadelphia (3-2) scarcely missed a beat with Kolb making his fourth career start in place of Vick, who hurt his ribs in last week’s loss to Washington. The 49ers sacked Kolb four times, but he capably managed the offense during a 21-for-31 performance, hitting tight end Brent Celek for an early score and leading a late drive for David Akers’ second field goal and the winning points.
“Across the board, I thought we did a good job of matching their intensity and finishing up there in the fourth quarter,” Kolb said. “We made it happen when it counted in every aspect of the game.”
Kolb
was the Eagles’ starting quarterback out of training camp, but sat out with a concussion after the opener while Vick was chosen the NFC’s offensive player of the month for September.
Kolb even made a Vick-ian scramble on a third-and-18 play in the third quarter, faking a throw and darting between San Francisco’s tacklers as if they were traffic cones before diving forward for a first down.
“He did it with conviction,” Philadelphia coach Andy Reid said. “I thought he stepped and played like we know he can play. The guys have so much confidence in him. Everyone was right with him.”
LeSean McCoy rushed for 92 yards while playing with a broken rib, and Trevard Lindley made a last-minute interception for the Eagles, who forced five turnovers and survived San Francisco’s 14-point surge in the final minutes for their fifth straight win over the 49ers (0-5).
McCoy made a 29-yard scoring run shortly before halftime for the Eagles, who stayed even with Washington and the New York Giants atop the NFC East by winning their first three road games of a season for the first time since 2004.
Philadelphia’s defense yielded 364 yards, but repeatedly made big plays to keep the 49ers’ talented offense at a level of high frustration.
“They turned the ball over so much,” McCoy said. “They would drive down the field and couldn’t finish. We just focused on closing the game out, and we counted on our defense to bail us out at the end.”
While Kolb had a fairly smooth night, Smith had perhaps the craziest evening of his six-year career.
The former No. 1 pick passed for 309 yards, but also committed three turnovers that led to thunderous boos from the San Francisco crowd and a tongue-lashing from coach Mike Singletary, who challenged his quarterback to step up as a leader. Smith talked Singletary out of sending in backup David Carr in the fourth quarter before defiantly leading two scoring drives.
“I’m going to keep on going out there until they tell me I’m not,” Smith said.
After throwing TD passes to Vernon Davis and Frank Gore, Smith got the 49ers past midfield again in the final minute, but he was hit by Trevor Laws while making a throw. Lindley intercepted the wobbling pass with 28 seconds to play, and the 49ers dropped to their worst start in 31 years with their third loss this season by three points or fewer.
After Akers missed a 53-yard field goal on the first snap of the fourth quarter, the 49ers drove past midfield before Smith fumbled under pressure from Brandon Graham. Mikell picked up the ball and made an untouched run to the end zone for the first defensive touchdown of his eight-year career.
“You can’t win with turnovers, and we seem to have problems with ball security every game,” said 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree, who had nine catches for 105 yards.
Gore also fumbled twice near midfield.
When Smith followed his fumble with three incomplete passes on the next series, chants of “We want Carr!” echoed throughout the stadium. After a pep talk from Davis, Smith immediately led a 69-yard scoring drive prominently featuring Davis, who caught a 36-yard pass and a pinpoint 7-yard TD throw with 7:35 to play.
Kolb then led a drive capped by Akers’ 45-yard field goal with 4:35 left, but Ted Ginn Jr.’s 61-yard kickoff return set up Smith’s swing pass to Gore for a 1-yard TD with 2:02 left.
“I think a pretty decent football team is 0-5,” Singletary said. “I’m disappointed for them, because we put ourselves in this situation. Only we can get ourselves out.”
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 17, 2010 4:52 am    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Angel Sanctuary Index du Forum -> ~ Hors Jeu ~ -> Vos Idées pour Améliorer le Forum Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Flowers of Evil © theme by larme d'ange 2006